1. They were so cute as a puppy it actually made your heart hurt a bit.
Such a velvety one.
2. You couldn’t believe any creature could be this soft and perfect.
3. Literally perfect.
Worried little eyebrows. Don’t worry, pup.
4. Except for the small matter of the biting…
It really hurt!
5. But then they ran and everything was forgiven.
6. Their smolness was heaven, but it was over so quickly.
7. There was that bit in the middle when they were a beautiful teenager.
All ears and outsize paws.
8. Then they were a big boy.
Such a fine dog. Look at them all growed up.
9. And they didn’t fit on the sofa or chairs any more.
Although of course they still tried.
10. Talking of sofas, the way they get off one is amazing.
11. But when they’re big, jumping up has serious repercussions.
They’re almost as tall as you when they stand, and much, much muddier.
13. And luckily Labradors are so clever and love to learn.
Such a good student.
14. They just want to be good boys!
Good boys and good girls!
15. Except for when they do the digging.
Maybe they want to go to Australia?
16. Oh, and sometimes when they eat the bad things.
17. Like the walls.
18. And when they fetch it, but they won’t drop it.
19. But they always say sorry for what they did.
20. Your home is covered in Labrador hair.
They shed their coats twice a year!
21. But it’s all totally worth it for the greeting you get when you come home.
22. If you’re really lucky, you have a Labrador who actually smiles.
Their smiles are all the more gorgeous for being kind of ugly.
23. They’re such jolly dogs, they really are everybody’s friend.
24. They’re also extremely greedy of course.
They’re greedier than you, which is saying something.
25. But you can’t resist spoiling them because of those eyes.
Happy burfday, you’ve been such a good boy.
26. They’re total water babies and will jump into anything.
If you choose to swim with them, be warned that they might try to climb on your head in the water.
27. Most of all, you know you’ve got the kindest, gentlest best friend, who’d do anything for you.
28. And you’d do anything for them.
If you can’t see the signup box above, just go here to sign up for BuzzFeed’s “Dog a Day” newsletter!
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1