1. It’s been 10 years since Britney Spears had one of the most public breakdowns in celebrity history. Never have we witnessed, in such gross detail, a celebrity of such high caliber fall so hard.
2. Because it was easy to pick on her and it was a different time (2007), people started making head-shaving jokes. Shaving your head became known as “pulling a Britney.”
3. The problem is that shit got stale fast.
4. As we all know, making fun of mental illness isn’t cool. And the whole Britney situation was so insanely fucked up. We were watching a woman hit rock bottom right in front of our eyes. No one was helping her and it became entertainment for millions of people to watch this woman self-destruct.
6. Katy is seemingly obsessed with Britney shaving her head. She has brought up Britney shaving her head multiple times thoughout her career… and, TO THIS DAY, seems to still think it’s a joke.
7. *Knock knock*: It isn’t 2007. These jokes aren’t funny anymore.
8. Katy’s first Britney head-shaving dig happened in 2010 in a radio interview with Radio 2. In the interview, Katy alludes to the fact that she won’t have a breakdown, but may shave her head someday:
“My first record didn’t take off until I was 23 so I was perhaps in a different headspace to someone who became successful at a younger age. If you’re starting at 14 or 15 your maturity hasn’t fully evolved. I’m not going to say I won’t mess up, because someday I might want to shave my head. But not today because I’ll get sunburn! I’m lucky because I have a great support system.”
10. In another radio interview, she brought up the head-shaving thing again: “It’s like being number one and being hot is a lot to live up to. I’m gonna shave my head next year. I can’t handle the pressure… beating up your car with an umbrella.”
11. That’s not very nice.
12. Then, in 2015, in an interview with Elle, Katy brought up the head-shaving yet AGAIN. She said: “You think you signed up for one thing, but you automatically sign up for a hundred others. And that is why you see people shaving their fucking heads.”
14. Also, in 2015, she made another head-shaving joke about *the dress.*
16. And LAST, at the Grammys last night, Katy brought up shaving her head TWICE.
17. When talking about her hair color, Katy said: “It’s like the last color in the spectrum (blonde.) I’ve done all of ‘em. The only thing left to do is shave my head which I’m really saving for a public breakdown. I’m down for that.”
— Pop Crave (@PopCravings)
18. THEN, with Ryan Seacrest, she explained why she took a break from music: “Well, that’s called taking care of my mental health… I haven’t shaved my head yet!”
— . (@MartijnPOP)
19. *Jennifer Lopez voice* ENOUGH!
20. To be fair, that’s not to say Katy isn’t a Britney Spears fan. In 2013, she met Britney on the Smurfs red carpet and couldn’t stop crying:
21. Exhibit A:
22. Britney has said nice things about Katy in the past too. Katy co-wrote her 2013 song “Passenger” from the album Britney Eugene. Britney said Katy was “amazing.”
So great to see you Smurfette @katyperry! Can’t wait for our Vegas date…
— Britney Spears (@britneyspears)
23. It’s just like what the fuck?! Katy’s been using Britney’s breakdown as some sort of joke for years now. She acts like she has some sort of badge of honor because she herself hasn’t had a Britney-level breakdown. While she might not mean to, Katy just ends up just trivializing a serious mental health situation – something that was actually completely out of Britney’s control.
24. Someone needs to tell Katy it’s 2017 and that shit doesn’t fly anymore.
25. The “joke” is old, tired…
26. … and over.
— . (@dillondjean)
27. Meanwhile, Britney and her Grammy remain unbothered. Here’s what Britney tweeted out today:
Weekend advice 💖
— Britney Spears (@britneyspears)
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1