1. President Obama surprised Vice President Joe Biden Thursday with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. “I am pleased to award our nation’s highest civilian honor,” the POTUS said.
“To know Joe Biden is to know that love without pretense, service without self-regard, and to live life fully,” the POTUS said. “I’m proud to award the presidential medal of distinction to my brother.”
Obama: I would like to award Joe… Joe: Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
— Chris Uño (@CRS_One)
4. Biden kept crying during the presentation.
5. Some people were really touched by the fact that Biden was “openly crying.”
We are all Joe Biden crying into the mantelpiece 😢 https://t.co/7wMwO8QUks
— Jane Merrick (@janemerrick23)
Didn’t cry on Tuesday. Crying now. https://t.co/Pkv5K7fADN
— Jason Goldman (@Goldman44)
Biden openly crying. A very sweet moment. https://t.co/GoqWAOuzyd
— Paige Lavender (@paigelav)
8. Biden then took the podium to thank the commander-in-chief: “I don’t deserve this. But I know it came from the president’s heart.”
“Mr. President, I’m indebted to you. I’m indebted to your friendship. I’m indebted to your family,” he added. “You know as long as there is breath in me, I’ll be there for you, my family will be there. I know it is reciprocal.”
9. Watch Biden’s full reaction below and the whole ceremony here.
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1