1. Married at First Sight Australia is about to enter its fourth season later this month, and former contestant Simone Lee Brennan has shed some light on what the experience is really like.
2. After appearing on Season 2 of the show last year and marrying Xavier Forsberg, Simone took to her blog The Dating Journal to talk about the real reality surrounding the show.
3. “I walked down the aisle four times, said my vows three times, and we kissed at the altar twice,” Simone wrote.
“My faith in the ‘match-making’ process dwindled away somewhat when my TV husband shared with me immediately post-wedding ceremony that he hadn’t dated for years and never actually applied for the experiment.”
4. Simone further elaborated on her “doomed” marriage, citing the moment she knew it just wasn’t going to work out.
“It became clear as day when my TV husband took great pleasure in asking the sound crew, camera crew, and producers about potential front-of-house sports presenting gigs. Truth be told, he just wasn’t that into me, the experiment, or sharing his humble man cave with a random single girl. He didn’t want a bar of it.”
5. Simone detailed many behind-the-scenes secrets in her post, such as dinners being staged and literally set up by producers to make it look like her TV husband had done it himself.
“Once filming wrapped, I was more than over it. I was over the forced conversations that ended abruptly when the cameras switched off. I was over overhearing his one-on-one interviews in the next room where he expressed his ‘growing’ feelings for me. I was over being asked if I was in love yet.”
6. She also said she didn’t leave the marriage straightaway, as it wouldn’t have made sense to their “story” on the show.
“How could I walk away when everything caught on film was nothing short of a blossoming ‘marriage’ starring the perfect ‘husband’? It was, in one word: fucked,” she wrote.
7. She ended the post with some worthy relationship advice to everyone out there:
8. BuzzFeed has reached out to Simone for comment.
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1