1. Orgasms may ease period pain.
A study conducted in 2000 showed that nearly 1 in 10 women masturbated more frequently during their menstrual cycle because of the effect it had on their pain.
2. Orgasms can also help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
Doing regular pelvic floor exercises (Kegel exercises) can strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, explains Dr. Alyssa Dweck, board-certified OBGYN and author of V is for Vagina. Kegel exercises involve contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles, and during orgasm, pelvic floor muscles can contract up to 15 times at almost one-second intervals! So this can help improve pelvic floor strength in a similar fashion; it’s just a whole lot more fun.
3. Orgasms can potentially help get rid of your migraines.
According to this study, 60% of migraine sufferers who had sex during a migraine said that it made it better, while a third said it made it worse.
4. Getting off can also reduce stress from everyday life.
Orgasms have a tendency of pulling you out of everyday distractions, according to Dr. Madeleine Castellanos, sex therapist and author of Wanting to Want: What Kills Your Sex Life and How to Keep It Alive. This can help you focus solely on pleasure and not on other stressors.
5. And having sex can strengthen your immune system, meaning you might get sick less often!
There was a study conducted at the University of Pennsylvania that found that people who reported having sex more frequently also had higher levels of immunoglobulin A in their saliva samples, which is important for protecting your immune system.
6. Your heart health can also be improved by getting that O-face on.
Yep, according to Dweck, sex can give your cardiovascular system a little workout. She explained further noting, “sex and orgasms can cause blood vessels to dilate throughout the body, which can help overall cardiovascular health.”
7. And those hiccups that just will not go away? Orgasm them away.
In this case study of one 40-year-old man who had continuous hiccups for four days, they finally stopped after he ejaculated.
8. Orgasming regularly might help you climax even more often.
Flicking the bean and getting down and dirty helps you learn what feels good and develop a rhythm. So, as Dweck likes to say, “Practice makes perfect.”
9. And regular orgasms can reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
According to this study, men who ejaculate more often have a lower risk of prostate cancer.
10. Orgasms may also help improve your overall self-esteem and body image.
This is especially evident while you’re masturbating, as it can give you a sense of pride over what your body can accomplish and how good it can make you feel, according to Castellanos.
12. And, orgasming regularly can make you happier.
Dweck explains that orgasms can increase endorphin and oxytocin levels, causing a relaxation response. So, physiologically, orgasms can chill you out and maybe even help counteract all the negative stuff going on in your life.
So, what are you waiting for?
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1