1. Calling a drink “chai tea” is like us calling steak “beef meat”.
2. Naan is another word for bread – so “naan bread” means bread bread.
3. You’re spelling “Gandhi” wrong.
(And “ghandi” sounds a lot like the Hindi word for “dirty” so STOP rn.)
4. Nobody speaks Hindu. Just like nobody speaks Christian or Muslim or Buddhist.
You mean Hindi.
5. And speaking of speaking, English is one of our official languages – no need to act so shocked if you hear us speaking impeccably.
6. We don’t all own convenience stores and work at call centers.
Call me Apu one more time MUTHAFUCKA.
7. Cricket isn’t a weird, made-up version of baseball.
In fact, baseball originated as a weird, made-up version of cricket.
8. Indian food isn’t all curry and nothing else.
9. And there’s no such thing as chicken tikki masala.
Chicken tikka masala, on the other hand, is a real thing, and it’s fuckin’ delicious.
10. India isn’t dirty, smelly, and always crowded.
11. We don’t all have the same accent as Raj from The Big Bang Theory.
India speaks over 200 languages, and of all the accents those come with, nearly none sound like Indians on American TV do.
12. We aren’t all math and science nerds – we come from thousands of years of art, comedy, and literature.
(People who study certain things are just more likely to get visas to live and work in the United States. ¯_(ツ)_/¯)
13. India isn’t a technologically ignorant and underdeveloped world.
India has more internet users than the United States has humans.
14. And culturally, we’re modern as HELLLLL.
*swipes left on your ignorance*
15. We don’t smell bad.
Most days, we smell like sandalwood and jasmine and…well, Axe body spray.
16. We don’t all look the same.
17. And no: We aren’t an exotic, irrelevant, ignorable dot. We’re a badass magic land on the verge of being a superpower.
Thank you, come again ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedPalabras relacionadas:
- 17 Annoying Things Foreigners Need To Get Right About India
- 17 things that foreigners indian buzzfeed
- buzzfeed things foreigners need to get right about india