1. There’s a random comparison of Sandy to Cinderella in the opening credits.
Her forest friends help her dress, and afterward she sweeps the floors!
2. Everything in Rizzo’s room, which includes a Pink Ladies award, James Dean poster, Rydell flag, and sheer stocking over a presumably stolen stop sign.
Not to mention her boobs are the same size as her head.
3. This subtle nod to West Hollywood restaurant Barney’s Beanery in the opening credits.
Horrifyingly true fact: In the 1950s, in which Grease is set, Barney’s was known to display a homophobic sign that has since been removed.
4. There are two extras in the background on the first day of school who are balancing books on their heads.
It’s a finishing school, to be fair!
5. The front of the school is the same location used for Britney Spears’ “…Baby One More Time” video.
Both exteriors were filmed at Venice High School in Los Angeles.
6. There’s a “School Sweet School” sign behind Principal McGee.
7. Doody’s carrying around a yellow water gun for no apparent reason.
8. During “Summer Nights,” Jan starts to twirl Patty Simcox’s hair around her fork, like spaghetti.
Which she was just eating at lunch, btw.
9. If this at all looks familiar…
There might be a reason for that…
Saturday Night Fever premiered in 1977, a year before Grease was released.
10. In this scene, Rizzo is the only Pink Lady not officially wearing her jacket.
Rizzo’s a rebel through and through. <3
11. And at the Pink Ladies sleepover, she’s wearing a men’s button-down shirt.
12. There’s an unfinished and framed paint-by-numbers horse in Frenchy’s bedroom.
Which is interesting, since she talks about dropping out of high school in this scene.
13. The dancing snowman on the boys room at the Frosty Palace Diner looks ready to party.
14. Kenickie has a Heart/Mom tattoo on his shoulder.
A tattoo from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card.
15. There’s a moment in “Beauty School Dropout” when Rizzo gives Marty the most epic side-eye.
Let’s watch it, just for fun!
16. Frenchy’s name tag reads “La Coiffure,” which means “hairstyle,” because BEAUTY SCHOOL.
17. The TV station outside of Rydell is called KZAZ, which was an actual TV station in Arizona from 1967-1985.
18. In this scene, Rizzo and Marty have matching black belts with a gold clasp.
So chic. So matchy.
Which is interesting, since they have the same date in the next scene.
19. At the school dance, Kenickie’s tie has fall foliage on it.
Pretty fall leaves for a nice little dance.
20. And his date Cha Cha’s dress has Christmas ornaments on it.
Cha cha cha!
21. When Danny’s singing, he sits on a swing set in front of the drive-in movie theater’s screen.
Aren’t people worried about this blocking their view? Couldn’t Danny have found a more private place? So many questions…
22. The T-Birds have blue birds on their leather jackets, while the Scorpions have embroidered scorpions on theirs.
23. If you blink you’d miss that some of the Rydell carnival attractions include a “pig with 8 legs” and a “2 headed chicken.”
24. Rizzo has a “Riz” embroidered shirt on during the carnival scene and it’s amazing.
25. There seems to be some pretty pointed staging of Sandy next to a “Danger Ahead” sign, now that she’s officially turned to the BLACK OUTFIT side.
26. It’s not hard to see that Sonny actually seems super stoked about this subtle nipple tweak.
Good for you, Sonny! Good. For. You.
27. And finally: Lorenzo Lamas (err… Tom…) is the unsung hero of Grease, because look at him WITHOUT A SHIRT ON.
It’s beautiful. Patty Simcox is one lucky lady.
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1