1. Francine Christophe is 83 years old.
2. She is a French writer and poet. She is Jewish. She is also a Holocaust survivor.
3. Christophe is a participant in a new documentary, Human, which examines differing concepts of humanity and what it means to be human.
4. In the film, she tells the story of her deportation to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in northern Germany and an incredible story that came from her time there.
6. Deportees were able to bring a small item with them. Christophe’s mother brought two small pieces of chocolate, in case she “collapsed completely, and really needed help.”
8. However, Christophe’s mother decided to give the treat to a fellow detainee who was about to give birth.
12. The mother and baby survived. Six months later the camp was freed and the detainees sent home. Years later, Christophe put on a conference on the theme “If the Survivors of Concentration Camps Had Had Counseling.”
13. And when a woman at the event took the podium to begin a talk…
14. …she first gave Christophe a gift.
16. A piece of chocolate.
20. You can watch the full video of Christophe’s amazing story below. Humans is available here for local authorities, NGOs, and charities who wish to screen the film.
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedPalabras relacionadas:
- Concentration Camp Survivor Chocolate
- Amazing Holocaust Survivor Stories
- story of woman in Bergen Belson who gave her chocolate to another