2. After photos from the shoot were released, this picture of her in a see-through top caused some controversy.
3. Since the photos were revealed, several articles were published objectifying Watson. The Sun published an article with the headline “Beauty and the breasts”.
4. And a comment piece in The Independent questioned her choices.
5. However, a lot people disagreed with the criticism.
. @EmmaWatson ‘s VF cover is not anti-feminist. Fem theory 101: feminism ? means ? free ? choice ? Let her empower herself however she wants
— Becca Dougherty (@bexdougherty)
8. Watson addressed the criticism in an interview with Reuters, saying that feminism is about freedom, and that the negative comments left her confused.
“Feminism is about giving women choice, feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with, it’s about freedom, it’s about liberation, it’s about equality,” she said.
9. Watson added: “I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it.”
Talking about the picture in question, Watson said: “The shot itself I was honestly slightly taken aback by, because we’d been doing so many crazy things on that shoot. But it felt incredibly artistic and I’ve been so creatively involved and engaged with [Vanity Fair photographer Tim Walker], and I’m so thrilled about how interesting and beautiful the photographs were.”
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1