1. This is Mariah Idrissi. She’s one of the gorgeous new models featured in H&M’s latest campaign.
3. The 23-year-old London native was discovered by the Swedish brand after her casting-director friend Coralie scouted her.
Oh, her day job? Idrissi runs Salon Marrakesh, a Moroccan-inspired beauty salon, where customers can come in for henna tattoos, beauty treatments, and special halal nail polish manicures.
4. Being cast in such a big campaign “means a lot,” Idrissi told BuzzFeed Life. “H&M is such a huge retailer, and to finally have someone Muslim in hijab representing the brand is amazing to show.”
5. Idriss told Fusion that H&M went to great lengths to make her comfortable on set.
“[H&M] asked how much in terms of neck I could show, but to be honest they were very respectful,” she said. She was given a private dressing area and a female assistant to help her during the shoot.
“If the cameramen noticed something not quite right, they would call a woman over to fix me. One of the watches was dangling in the wrong way, and rather than just twisting it on my wrist, the cameraman asked a woman to come over. It just showed that little bit of respect.”
6. She’s also included in H&M’s “Close the Loop” video, which aims to encourage people to recycle their clothes.
The ad also includes a model with an amputation, plus-size models, and a group of Sikh men.
7. Why is it so cool that Idrissi is included in H&M’s shoot? “I think it’s important to use women in hijab because Islam is the second largest religion in the world,” she told BuzzFeed Life.
8. Which is why it’s pretty great, said Idrissi, to see “covered women in the mainstream fashion world.”
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedPalabras relacionadas:Follow @DifusionLibre1