1. After a federal appeals court on Thursday refused to reinstate President Donald Trump’s travel and refugee ban as it makes its way through the courts, Trump tweeted in all-caps, “See you in court, the security of our nation is at stake!”
Thursday’s decision by the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit means that an order from Feb. 3 halting enforcement of major parts of the ban will remain in place, and Trump’s tweet implies he will seek further legal action.
2. But many people on social media found Trump’s tweet a little silly, since the case is already in court.
everyone trying to figure out how you take a court to court
— Tanya Chen (@Tanya_Chen)
are u.. are u gonna sue the judicial branch https://t.co/a7ZW9xUliJ
— jomny sun (@jonnysun)
“oh no, not court” —judges
— both are equally bad (@caseyjohnston)
President Trump, after losing in court, says he will see the court. In court.
— Matt Viser (@mviser)
“SEE YOU IN COURT” “Ok cool, that is where we work, so it is very convenient for us”
— Chase Mitchell (@ChaseMit)
7. There were also lot of jokes.
Fixed that for you. @realDonaldTrump SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!
— Jeffrey Lewis (@ArmsControlWonk)
8. And some people could relate to Trump’s reaction.
me when Applebee’s tells me they require all customers to wear pants
— Mark Berman (@markberman)
“SEE YOU IN COURT” I scream after the Chipotle employee doesn’t put enough rice on my burrito.
— Britt Sabo (@BrittSabo)
me if Beyoncé doesn’t sweep the grammys https://t.co/5JiXwFeIys
— Matt Bellassai (@MattBellassai)
when you go to mcdonalds and they say the ice cream machine is down https://t.co/wWr4awGHNc
— ?SORRY NOT SORRY? (@SORRYNOTSOORRY)
12. Others just couldn’t get over the use of all-caps.
BREAKING: Trump’s shift key, https://t.co/xxGV2Dyxqt
— Neil Gibbons (@neilgibbons)
All-caps tweets I would send out, were I the president: “SEE YOU IN COURT. BECAUSE WE SCHEDULED A BADMINTON GAME THAT I’M V EXCITED ABOUT.”
— waitwait (@waitwait)
14. Others adapted his tweet for alternative scenarios.
SEE YOU AT HAPPY HOUR, THURSDAY’S AT STAKE.
— Toby Phillips (@TobyCPhillips)
ILL SEE YOU IN THE FOOD COURT!
— Downtown Josh Brown (@ReformedBroker)
16. The “How Bow Dah” girl got dragged into the reaction.
cash me ousside, see you in court
— Brandon Wall (@Walldo)
17. Even Trump’s former presidential opponent chimed in with a reference to how he wasn’t exactly winning.
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton)
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1