1. Daivon Reeder from Detroit, Michigan, will be graduating on Saturday from Eastern Michigan University, where he studied criminal justice and military science.
2. In a celebratory mood, Reeder sent out a tweet on Thursday clapping back at his stepdad who, Reeder said, had previously told him it was “pointless to go to orientation” because he “wasn’t going to graduate” from college.
My step dad told me it was pointless to go to orientation, I wasn’t going to graduate…..4 years later he in jail… https://t.co/6T2IiFlcPU
— KING KIDD ? (@_justcallmekidd)
3. “I just thought the situation of mine was ironic,” he told BuzzFeed News when discussing the tweet, which has since gone super viral and racked up tens of thousands of retweets.
4. People loved Reeder’s response, congratulating him by the thousands on his achievement.
@_justcallmekidd congratulations and fuck that nigga
— Fem B. Wells (@FeministaJones)
@_justcallmekidd Congrats man.
— David Vertsberger (@_Verts)
— Ashley Alese Edwards (@AshleyAlese)
8. Turns out a lot of people could relate to Reeder’s story.
Everyone has a story. This one isn’t done yet! ?✊??? https://t.co/flWEqpHhPt
— Zach Badger-House (@ZachBadgerhouse)
SECURE THE BAG https://t.co/DOodKq7M7G
— J’onn J’onzz (@MustyKony)
Four years later he’s Vince Carter. Inspirational stuff. https://t.co/fHmiWRqMq8
— Bob Loblaw (@hinkestom)
Damn near blood ? go crazy Michael ✊? https://t.co/4oREvhXMSE
— “EA Sports” (@SkrappyT)
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1