1. Meet Abdinoor Abdinoor, a 20-year-old from Maine.
Abdinoor said he was recently inspired by the guy who tweeted Wendy’s for some chicken nuggets in exchange for RTs.
2. Mercedes challenged Abdinoor, who describes himself as a “social media influencer”, to get 20 million retweets for a car.
He said that he already has a car and wanted to gift the Mercedes to his mum.
Abdinoor said “I thought ‘wow, it’s cool to see so many people support a movement, I think I can do something similar with something I like’”.
4. Abdinoor didn’t get it at first as he offered to give them his address.
5. But Mercedes said it was delivered to his DMs .
6. He said he was disappointed at the joke.
#BoycottMercedes fuck your brand @MBUSA
— Abdinoor² (@Abdinoorx2)
Abdinoor said, “Didn’t expect to get trolled by a major company like that. I assumed they’d ignore me before messing with me like that.”
He said that Mercedes haven’t said anything to him since.
8. Some people didn’t support the idea.
@Abdinoorx2 @AyoJaguda @MBUSA Good, go get a job and buy your own car and stop with this RT nonsense lol
— dA nAnCiFieD oNe (@Da_BossLadyy)
9. And some found it funny.
@luisgarciam131 @Abdinoorx2 @MBUSA bro Mercedes did him wrong ?? I was dying
— Hugo Lopez® (@Hugo_63_Lopez)
@Abdinoorx2 @Maryothe1st @MBUSA
— CTLD⚾️ (@Chase___Torres)
Abdinoor said “Everyone’s either salty for me, or absolutely dying. It’s a hilarious situation so I don’t blame them. I mean, what company goes out of their way to prank someone so hard.”
BuzzFeed have reached out to Mercedes USA for comment.
Cortesía de: BuzzFeedFollow @DifusionLibre1